Wednesday, September 14

the year I flunked cheerleading tryouts

Ok, so in South Georgia, the sooner you fall in love with football, the better.

The earliest you could start playing football (or cheering for football) was 3rd grade & 4th grade (B-team) and 5th & 6th grade (A-team). However, every summer was a cheerleading camp starting at age 4 and up...So we geared up and got to cheering...


 Side pony t-shirt...I think so!
 Homemade cheerleading uniform...check
Old enough to make the cut
wait...this one is not like the others.

ok, so, I decided being a watergirl was a much better option than cheering one year. I mean, you got your own jersey for crying out loud. And, back then, the boys would give their jerseys away on Friday to their "girl friends" and so if you didn't have a boyfriend to get on, this ENSURED that you had one. Also, you got to be on the sidelines. And run through the run through sign. And I may or may not have purposely not really put a lot of effort into my cheerleading tryouts so I could get a jersey.

Good thing its too late for Mama to punish me for that now! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment